For now, I want to share my fashion profile/current vision for my wardrobe upgrade. This seems to change daily as I learn about more sustainable brands and get lured by fashion "trends." At this particular minute, however, this is what I am drawn toward:
- anything and everything denim -- I can't really explain this obsession, but it has been a long-term fashion obsession, as evidenced by my recent closet inventory which brought to light at least six denim skirts (all similar in style), five denim jackets, two denim blazers, several denim dresses, and at least two denim shirts...not to mention the many pairs of jeans.
- colored denim jeans (while we are on the topic of denim) -- I love the pop of color that jeans in shades of orange, royal blue, red, and green can add to an outfit. I have been a bit slow in discovering this as I pretty much only wore black jeans or traditional blue jeans.
- blazers -- Plaid, solid, wool, cotton, oversized, fitted, ruffled...doesn't matter. I really love them all of a sudden and am kicking myself for ridding my entire closet of them a few years back when I had decided that they were no longer my style.
- Diane von Furstenberg skirts and dresses -- I love the femininity of classic DVF skirts and dresses. And resale has placed them within my reach.
- Eileen Fisher pieces -- These are the basics that I want to build so many of the other looks around. But, specifically, I am on the search for a gold wool Eileen Fisher blazer. I admire the commitment to sustainability that Eileen Fisher has long been known for, and I want to incorporate this brand into my wardrobe for its timelessness and for the purity of the fabrics.
- wool capes -- Because it is getting quite cold here in the Midwest, and I can't fit my winter coats over the blazers.
- well-made leather shoes -- The beauty of well-crafted shoes, just wow. I now have been schooled, and I want them all. On my Someday-I-Will-Own-You list are Red Wing boots, John Fluevog heels, Cole Haan loafers, and Everlane mules. Some brands are truly works of art.